Ok, you guys, I know what I’m eating for the rest of the summer.
In the rest of the northern hemisphere, it might be a season called “spring” right now. But in the desert, we have moved right on to summer. I already feel like just skipping meals altogether and only consuming cold beverages and smoothies until October. But my biggest illegal craving has been ice cream, frozen yogurt, gelato…I’m dying for it, but I know how much I will regret indulging afterwards. So, I’ve come up with a sweet and refreshing frozen treat that is based mostly off of actual frozen fruit. I mean, I’m not going to lie; it’s not my old favorite Karamel Sutra (sigh) but it also doesn’t leave me feeling like I’m going to die every time I eat it.
Dairy Free Peachy Mint Ice Cream (Serves 2, or 1 on a bad day…)
- 1/2 cup cold coconut cream
- 1 cup frozen peaches (technically, any frozen fruit will do, and I can imagine strawberries or mango being realllly good for example, but this Texas girl has a thing for peach ice cream)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine coconut cream, mint, honey, and vanilla in food processor and process until the mint is well incorporated.
- Add the frozen peaches and process until smooth.
- Eat immediately; or, if you want it a little more solid, pop it into the freezer for about 30 minutes. If you freeze it much longer than that, you might need to let it thaw slightly and then re-blend it a little to make it creamy rather than icy. Garnish with extra mint if desired